Monday, January 20, 2014

The Treasure of Making Something for Yourself


I talk a lot about doing things for others and being of service to others, but I do have a couple selfish bones in my body.

Let me rephrase that: Though I love to do for others, I know that I also must do for me. Better.

That is why I’ve been focusing on learning so many new things this month to help me professionally, but I have also made sure to balance this with keeping my fingers busy. And what you may ask is on my needles? A lovely chocolate brown wrap.
This Pull-Through Wrap has been my nighttime movie-watching companion for about 3 weeks now. I am only about a third of the way through but that is because I haven’t been watching as much TV and my shows are piling up. I wanted to have this done by the end of the month so I can get about 3 months worth of wear out of it this season, but we shall see.

Chocolate - so yummy
I couldn’t believe how hard it was to find a chocolate brown cardigan or wrap in the store and I have been craving it for a while now. I love the original grey of the pattern (which I may do for next year), but the chocolate will go so well with the other shades I have in my closet.

The treasure of making something for yourself though rests in the luxury of being good to yourself in a healthy kind of way. I was so busy this holiday season making things for everyone else (and I still am with half a hat done for one young lady at church and another in the concepting stage for my friend Elisa).

Wish me luck that I can complete this gift to myself before my birthday since I have a long list of other things I want to make for myself and for my Etsy site.

What have you made for yourself lately?

No comments: